Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pandora Update!

Hi there – mom here again. Manymisadventures is back from Rebecca Farm. She had a wonderful time. She got home at about 3:00 AM Monday morning and has been spending the week trying to catch up on work, riding McKinna and sleep (not necessarily in that order!)  I’m sure she’ll find a minute for at least a quick post this weekend – before she heads out to Pony Club Camp and then Quiz Championships (sheesh!)

In the mean time, I wanted to give you a quick update on Panodra. I recently got an e-mail from her new owner. They had completed their first Eventing Derby that day and she was so excited!  She e-mailed us right away to tell us about it.  They got fourth place with NO jump penalties – that pony loves to jump!  This was the first full course they’d done and she was ecstatic.  The best part was she let me know where to find the official event pics and they both looked wonderful.  Pandora looked bright and happy. She’s in great weight and shiny too. I can’t tell you how good it felt to see those pictures.

I think selling Pandora was even harder for me than it was for Manymisadventures in some ways. I guess I’ve read too many blog posts about how horrible people can be to horses, and witnessed too many poor neglected starved horses at auctions.  We’ve sold a horse twice and both times it was very difficult. You do everything you can to make sure they’re going to a good place, but in the end you just have to go with your gut and hope you’re right. We knew from the moment her new owner came to see her that she was a perfect match, but I must say seeing those pics eased any fear I might have had, however small.

We are also going to go visit them – probably sometime in September. It will be so fun to see Pandora!

They really are perfect for each other. I’m so glad it worked out this way!

1 comment:

summersmom said...

That is so awesome! I went out to the barn today and was thinking about Pandora when I was walking out to get Summer from the field. I loved watching their herd dynamics out in the field and its funny how much Mckinna seems to have become the boss these days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails