Friday, September 18, 2009

Quick Check-In

Sorry, no clinic report just yet. It has been a bit of a hectic week, between trying to wind down after the clinic and yet wind up for the event rally!

I am headed off to the eventing rally later this afternoon. I took the rally kits home - for the uninitiated, rally kits are groups of items every team must bring. They include basically everything under the sun for what could go wrong - extensive first aid, extra tack that can fit all the horses on the team, tools, tack cleaning, and so on. Very useful, but you must have exactly the items on the list, and some Chief Horse Management Judges have preferences. So, I took the rally kits home to go through them and ended up putting a lot of my own stuff in there to make up for missing pieces. Very glad I decided to check through them.

I will be stable managing at the rally, which means I keep track of my four riding teammates. I make sure they get to their turnouts and ride times promptly, hold down the fort at our tack room/feed area, and help make sure everything is clean. I'm not a groom, but I do help the riders get ready. I'm actually looking forward to it, because I get to enjoy the rally without the stress of riding and trying to get my horse and all tack ready.

So, I promise a clinic report once I return from the rally. My goal is to place top 3 in horse management, so let's see how we do!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails